Monday, June 23, 2008


Mason Joshua Anderson has joined our family!

Wow! There are not words to express the little miracle we now have in our home! On Saturday June 13th we went to the hospital to have an ultrasound (because our little man was measuring to be a little smaller than the "norm"). It turned out that my fluids were really low and my doctor decided that I would need to be admitted and induced to have the baby that night! It came to me as quite the shock and all I could do was cry. We thought we still had three weeks.


After 19 hours of pain (including three visits to the operating room) we finally had our sweet baby! I love this picture because it was such an amazing moment when they put our baby on my belly and Josh could do nothing, but cry! It was so sweet to see him as a daddy for the first time. We are so excited Mason is here!


5 pounds 14 ounces
19 inches long
Born at 10:48 Saturday June 14th

His daddy just can't get enough of him!

I can't believe he is actually here! After about three and a half years of waiting we have finally received the special little miracle we've been waiting for.  He was so worth the wait!


He is so tiny!

Isn't he adorable! He loves to have his hands up by his face.  We can't believe how easy it is to pass the time just staring at our little miracle.  We just don't want to miss one little movement or expression.  

Oh the battle wounds!  Our poor little Mason was put under the lights for a little sun tan while at the hospital, and then has received a heal prick at the hospital every day since he's been home just to make sure we don't need the lights at home.  We keep telling the doctor that we think he's tan enough as is!  The IV was put into his hand because of the fever I had while in labor.  We have an appointment for an ultrasound today to make sure that his spinal canal is completely closed and then.... well, we hope we will be done torturing this poor child!

Every once and a while we catch him smiling in his sleep.  

We are so excited for all the adventures we have to look forward to!

17 comments:

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Congratulations you guys! I'm so happy to hear that he's doing so well after surprising you guys 3 weeks early. Of course, I LOVE the name you picked out for him .... Mason's are great little boys! :) Hope you're feeling good, too, Jen, you look GREAT!

Danna said...

What a precious moment. We are so excited and happy for you guys and are so happy he is here! He is a beautiful baby, good work. Love you!

Welcome to my World. said...

Josh has been so excited at work ever since he announced he was going to be a dad. I can only imagine the stories we will hear now! :) Congratulations, you two. He is a doll.

Jenni McVey said...

He's sooooo cute!!!! Your little family looks just darling! He fits right in! We're glad you're all doing well! Welcome to the world, Mason!

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

Jenni said that Mason looks like Jen, but I said Josh. Then Jenni said that his eyes are with out a doubt Jen's. Then I said that his chin is Josh's... Then we agreed that he looks like both of you. And Claire just thinks he's dreamy, especially with his tan! Congrats guys, that is one cute little guy :)

Annalise said...

Congratulations! All of us at CSE are so happy for you both!

shelbell said...

Cutie pie! He is precious you guys! I am dying to hold that little guy. Enjoy it all, it goes TOO fast:)Finally I get to see some pictures, yah!!

Morgan Family said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for both of you. He is so adorable. I am happy that you are all healthy and doing well. :)

Julie said...

YEAH! What a beautiful little boy! I'm so happy that he's doing good. I seriously can't believe how great you look Jen! I can't wait to meet him and see you. I love that first picture of you guys...so priceless!

The Hansen's said...

Congratulations you guys! He is so adorable, I am so glad that he is doing so well, I know all the medical stuff can be scary. He is so cute and I must admit I was a little jelous that you beat me to the finish line :) Enjoy, and if you ever need anything just knock on the wall!
-Aub and Cody

Jackie Pettit said...

Congratulations! He is so precious. You guys are the most amazing new parents I have ever seen! Mason is very lucky to have you two for parents!

ajensen said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS...all three of you. That is going to be one little loved boy. You are such great parents.. I know it. Ive been waiting for this post...

CONGRATULATIONS. Keep posting lots of pictures of him (I am sure that wont be a problem :)

katrina berg said...

Congrats on the little one Mom and Dad. He looks like a keeper. It was nice to read about the birth and catch up on what you have been up too. Keep in touch 435-671-3004
Carl Berg

Lyndee said...

Congrats! Welcome to world of parenthood. Daily conversations about if you smell poo, and always thinking you hear the baby crying. Good times!

Laura Meeks said...

Congrats - he is adorable and you guys look so happy! :0)

-Laura and Justin and ABQ

Laura Meeks said...

Hey Josh and Jen and HUGE CONGRATS!! Very cute little one for sure!! Hope all is well, the blog is awesome and hopefully we'll get to see you guys next time you're in town

justin