Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy One Month Mason!!!

We cannot believe our little Mason is actually one month old! This past month feels like one long day! During the month Mason has grown about two inches and now weighs seven pounds! We are so proud of him! 


Mason should have been born on the fourth of July, but we decided he still deserved a picture with the flag... coincidentally he was born on flag day (three weeks earlier).  Mason got to celebrate the fourth with his cousins, Koleson, and Allyssum (from Iowa), and grandma and pa Pettit.  Unfortunately his curfew was so early that he missed the fireworks (and so did we)! Happy first fourth of July Mason!
 
This was Mason's first outing to the mall.  He likes to cry at all the wrong times and I was worried he would have one of his little outbursts in the mall; however, he was pretty much a perfect angel!  He is definitely my child..... feels at peace while shopping! :o)  We couldn't believe we actually fit he and his cousins all in the back seat.  It was so cute!

Like Father, Like Son!
These two were both napping at the same time..... different rooms, same position! Is that not so adorable? My two babes!


We went for a walk to the park and Josh gave Mason his first experience on the swings! Mason watched his daddy closely the whole time making sure that he was playing by the rules!

Isn't he so precious? 
A few things about our little Mason:

  • He always has to have his hands close to his face.
  • His stretches and yawns are very exaggerated
  • He turns on the hose every time he gets mad.  (When I start feeding him a few minutes later than he'd like he leaves me with a nice little wet spot to remind me never to be late again). 
  • Somehow he manages to wait until the moment our heads hit the pillow to begin crying for our attention.
  • He likes the outdoors; however, he's not quite sure how he feels about his stroller because he's not big enough to be comfortable inside of it.
  • He likes hand rubs, singing, and tickles on his face.
  • Josh says he likes to watch baseball, but he has yet to stay awake through a whole game.
  • He is finally too long for his preemie clothes, but too small for the newborn outfits.  He likes to hang out in his diaper!
  • He seems to know what he wants and when he wants it.  He doesn't stop until he gets it! The problem is that we are not sure how to speak his language quite yet.
  • He is the most kissed baby on the face of the planet! We just can't keep away from him!

9 comments:

Danna said...

Happy one month mason! He is one cute boy and I can't wait till we have ours so they can play together! His pictures turned out absolutely adorable. Love them!

Mel said...

He is so cute. I cant believe he is a month already. Jen you look terrific!!! Don't worry in a few weeks he is going to get the hang of night time vs day time. Then you two will get more sleep. I am really happy for you. I think I have told you that about a hundred times!!!

The Hansen's said...

Happy One Month! You made it mom and dad! Yeah!
He is so handsome, your pictures are fantastic! The one with Josh holding him,that is so sweet. And you are absolutely gorgeous!

Morgan Family said...

Wow he is so cute. Isn't amazing how fast the time flies! They grow way too fast so enjoy every moment. You all look great!

Julie said...

I'm so happy to see more pictures of the little guy. He's so adorable. Oh how I miss that little baby stage. I'm so happy for you guys. I promise I'm still coming to see you. I need to hold that little Mason!

shelbell said...

Oh, he looks so tiny! He's a skinny little guy for sure, just like our Asher was. Congrats to Mason on reaching 7 lbs. that's a milestone! Can't wait to hold him, what a sweety!

Katie said...

Okay Jen! I'm adding you to my family and friends. I'm officially blog-stalking you! :) Cute little baby boy! I hope you bring him over tonight. I'd love to see him!

Jackie Pettit said...

Oh my goodness, he is so precious!I can't wait to see him again!

bartlett5 said...

He is super cute... what a precious little angel! The pictures that Jackie Pettit took are simply AMAZING! In each photo of him I see different members of Mason's growing family. I can see such a beautiful blending of Josh and Jen in Mason... I also see Asher, and my kiddos as well in his perfect little features. This kiddo is going to be a heart breaker!
And Jen... my goodness! I always knew you were beautiful, but these pictures of you are simply stunning! You and Mason (and Josh) could be on the cover of magazines!
Can't wait to see you all.
xxoo from the Bartlett 5