Sunday, August 7, 2011

Trip to Tucson!

Josh had a work conference in Tucson and Mason and I decided to tag along for the week. Mason absolutely loved Tucson!
I think he just loved being off schedule and sleeping in the same room as mommy and daddy. He was able to keep his eye on us at all times and knew for certain that we were not doing anything fun without him. We did a lot of swimming because it was SO HOT! We also took a day to meet up with Shel and Corey because they were in Phoenix. We could just not pass up an opportunity to see them since they were so close. Mason was extremely excited to see Asher and Beckett! He has seen all of his cousins this summer and he has had so much
fun with them. He really loves to be with his family. We all went to the Diamondbacks Baseball Game and the boys all had a blast running around together. Unfortunately we never really managed to get a picture of the three of them at the same time in the same place. It really was so much fun though and we always have a blast when we hang out with Shel and Corey.
















On the way to see Michelle and Corey we decided to make a stop at the Mesa Temple. It is so amazing how much peace I feel just being near the temple. I really am so grateful for the blessings we are able to receive through the temple and the work that is done there. I know that Mason was able to feel something special there as well. When we walked into the visitors center he walked straight to the statue of Christ. He continued to point out different details on the statue and listened carefully as I explained to
him the nail marks in His hands and feet. Every time I see this statue I am brought to a deep state of humility for what our Savior has done for us. It truly is amazing that His love for us is so perfectly unconditional. I truly hope that Josh and I will be able to teach Mason of this amazing love so that he too will be lead to gain His own testimony of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for these small moments we are able to have as a family to remember what is truly important in life.
I love the quote by Henry B. Eyring that says "Our most important and powerful assignments are in the family. They are important because the family has the opportunity at the start of a child's life to put feet firmly on the path home."

1 comment:

Danna said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony and that quote. It really put things in perspective for me and reminded me of what is truly important at this time in our lives. Love you.