Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spring Training

"Take me out to the Ball Game!" Woo hoo! So back in March Jen and I took a little trip down south to Tucson, Arizona to watch a little spring training baseball. I have always wanted to go down and see a game. It was seriouslly the coolest experience to sit and watch a big league game in a minor league park. We started out with tickets to the White Sox vs. Athletics game which they lost, but ended up standing in line the next day for some standing room tickets for the White Sox vs. Cubs game. I know, I know, my wife is pregnant and you are thinking how could you make her stand through a game. Well we actually got seats to the sold out game and it was great watching the South siders beat the North siders. It was her idea to go for some tickets...we just got lucky they had some extra seats. Here are some pictures.


The park held about 7,000 people total so if you can imagine the seats were close to the field.
The best part was watching all the players on the team, even some of our second string players...Josh Fields, Joe Crede, Jim Thome, Nick Swisher, John Danks, Jose Contreras, Mark Bhurle, Paul Konerko, and many many more!

Of course it was fun to watch our coaching staff and the animation each coach had! Jeff Cox the 3rd base coach even came over and talked to some of us and gave me the thumbs up! I know I am such a little kid when it comes to baseball...you should ask Jen how big my eyes would get when we got to the game early and saw some people warming up!
Nothing beats a Jim Thome homerun as well a double play with Crede and Konerko.

So...all in all it was a great time. We had a lot of fun and it was a great last vacation before the little guy comes. Enjoy the pics...Sorry I am such a baseball freak.

4 comments:

Critchlow said...

Sweet- I don't care what sport it is there is something magical about the smell of freshly cut grass. For me it inspires me to get out there and check an opponent and go for the attack shot.

You guys are pretty lucky to see spring training. Question is how did you get this girl Jen to get so involved? That must be true love.

shelbell said...

Ah, I sooooo wish we could've gone with you guys. We will have to just do it another time!! Love all the baseball pics...you are a true fan, Josh:)

Lyndee said...

What a great wife! Sounds like for your next vacation you will be going to a Tulip festival or something girly!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Oh Jen I just have to say tell your husband that I'm not sure we can be friends because we're big Angel fans and the Angels and the White Sox don't have the best record of getting along. :) That's awesome that you guys like baseball, too, let me tell you nothing is better than getting to take your son to his first MLB baseball game! :)