Monday, October 6, 2008

The Pumpkini!

We had so much fun growing a vegetable garden this year.  We had lots of tomatoes, green peppers, and zucchini.  We also have a whole bunch of pumpkins that are ready to be carved.  This particular zucchini was huge and I had planned on making some bread with it.  
There was just one problem! When Josh and I cut it open, we realized our zucchini was one of a kind.  Oops! We must have planted the pumpkins too close because this was what you might call a 'Pumpkini'.  It smelled and looked just like a pumpkin on the inside.  I was still going to use it, but Josh laughed at me like I was joking.  This poor vegetable.... rejected because it was different from the rest.  





8 comments:

Danna said...

That is hillarious! I have never seen that happen before. You could be famous! However, I think Josh should have let you make pumpkini bread! It probably would have tasted good. Zuchinni bread is good and so is pumpkin bread, so why not together?

The Kovac Family said...

I totally think you should make the bread still! That is pretty amazing, but my favorite part of the whole story is seeing little Mason next to it. He is so adorable!

Welcome to my World. said...

I second the vote to make bread. Pumpkin bread - yummy. Zuchinni bread just as good. I bet combined would be quite tasty. :)

Annalise said...

You turn your back on the zucchini for one minute and it turns into that. We have like 10 zucchini that size. 5 loaves of frozen bread in the freezer and many more to be made!

The Hansen's said...

I agree with everyone else it probably would have been delish! We have a pic of mya with a club zuch too, isn't it funny how quickly they can become as big as your child!

Mel said...

Oh my gosh...that is so funny. Mason is getting so big!

Katie said...

Hehehe...I love your pose against the red wall. Very chic. :)

shelbell said...

So cool! You've cross pollinated...or something like that. Nice job you expert farmers. So, did you eat it after all? You had to have at least tasted it!