Friday, June 17, 2011




Happy Birthday Mason!

I can't believe Mason is 3 years old! He is growing up so fast and every time I think of it I turn to tears! He is seriously my best little pal and I don't even remember how life could have been even the least bit exciting without him around. Don't worry.... Josh agrees!


Mason loves the story from the Book of Mormon where Nephi builds a ship. Ever since March when his cousin Troy had his birthday party with a Buzz cake, Mason had been telling me he wants a cake with "Nephi and his hip". I thought for sure he would change his mind by the time his birthday came around, but the idea stuck and that is what I attempted to do.






Mason could not wait to dive into the cake. Those kit kats were just calling to him. He does not like to get his hands dirty so he dove right in with his mouth. Oh does my boy love chocolate!!










After cake and presents Troy, Mason, and Grandma and Grandpa painted and built some little wooden boats so that we could head over to the park for a little boat race.







Grandma and Grandpa painted their boat mostly blue to make sure we all knew where their loyalty was (BYU), but they did add a little red so that they could support their rebel children who prefer red. Mason's favorite color is blue so he chose all blue, even though it killed his daddy to see it. Troys boat was all red to support the "U" of course. Ha ha! It's funny.... our little guys have no idea yet, but it's all about the sports.











The boat race was so much fun! Mason had a blast and was so glad some of his favorite people could be there to help celebrate!








1 comment:

Danna said...

The cake turned out so cute Jen! I can't wait to see cute Mason. He looks so grown up :(